FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pro-active Online Upgrade (POUG) tracking and discussion | 2017/18 thread
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:51 pm
PETER01
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Straight forward EDI-LHR-longhaul is still OK for POUG, provided it is booked via BA.com and is not manually changed. I don't understand the "first leg" comment, that's not how AUP works, it is only on a per leg basis. The exception would be if the fare was non public - a public fare is required for the necessary calculation of taxes and fees.
Originally Posted by PETER01
It is? In well over a decade I've never been offered any sort of POUG flying from EDI and I have always booked on ba.com.

Do you get them from with NCL connections? I'd be intrigued if any others from the regions are offered POUG's, purely out of curiosity. If there have been any on here apologies if I missed the relevant posts.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, I've had NCL, EDI and GLA, mainly to North America, but I've had JER offers too. But I rarely do manual changes, and you won't get them with things like hotels etc in the package.
Lucky you and I think that is very much the exception than the norm and I've still to await my first one! My flights were never touched from initial bookings and 90-95% have been flights only.