FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum time to transfer at DUB?
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:38 pm
UAPremExecflyer
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I'll be arriving from the US at 11:50 and there are two options for continuing flights on to GLA on Ryanair, leaving at 14:00 or 21:00. While I'd love to take the 14:00, and get into GLA sooner, I'm afraid that wouldn't leave me much time, especially if flights get delayed, long queues at immigration, etc. Am I correct in my thinking here? If I paid for the expedited security would that make a difference? What's the minimum amount of time you'd recommend allowing yourself to transfer?

In the event that we then need to take the 21:00 flight, how early can we drop our bags with Ryanair? On their website they say the bag drop desk opens 2 hours before the flight, but at an airport like DUB with dozens of Ryanair flights, will they take our bags earlier if they're staffed? That would let us drop our bags and then either go into downtown Dublin for the day or go to one of the lounges.
EI or any other major carrier will not interline with FR ... so you will have to go through immigration (no expedited line) and collect your bag(s) in T2. Then take your bag(s) to T1 and check-in with Ryanair. Two hours is certainly doable ... but don't dawdle. At 1150, most by of the TATL arrivals have been processed so lines for non-EU passports should be pretty quick. And you can purchase Fast Track from FR to speed up your exit through T1 security.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Sep 11, 2017 at 1:43 pm Reason: added Fast Track purchase