FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL and AF are "realigning class of service"
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:56 pm
CarmenOM

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by drewsq
Hi All,

Thanks for your insight. I got another auto email update from Delta this morning with more info. The AF Premium Economy sectors now show as being booked in "G" class instead of the previous W, as other posters have noted. Also, it looks like my entire party have been reticketed on the same PNR, as we were all sent new receipts and new ticket numbers to reflect this change.

Interestingly, the AF website still shows my reservation as being "Economy", but figure I should keep waiting for the full 10 days to pass before calling to ask about it. The new email confirmation from DL shows my seat assignments have remained the same-- and those seats are blocked out on the AF seatmap-- but the AF site does not show them associated with my reservation, yet.

I'm hopeful though that this will all be sorted out and that DL IT know what they are doing. Would have been nice, though, to have some better communication than an email showing my party was downgraded without explanation, and if phone agents could have had more accurate info to share as well. Oh well.

So, looks like W class is no more on AF metal, as other posters have mentioned.
Does your delta.com itinerary show you on the Delta codeshare flight number or the AF flight number? If the former, you're probably okay but watch your mileage credits in the end, as G fares have different earnings on Delta than they do on AF, at least on the mileage earning charts that currently show on delta.com.