FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Working" Kyoto temples and shrines - see more visiting less sites?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:25 pm
moretimeoffguy

Briefly, thanks to all! @evergrn, sorry, I meant where the Torii paths split--evidently one of the most scenic parts of the site. I do amateur 3D photography, and the more levels of depth, the better. So, looking for the point which has the greatest density of Torii gates squeezed together in a short space. Want to get that shot(s), then move on since my time is short.

Originally Posted by evergrn
When you say where the torii gates split, you must be talking about Senbon Torii section. That's only like 5min up from the entrance to the compound. If you just want to get to where the torii paths split, you need max 30min at the place unless you're going to be taking tons of pictures. This last time we went as far up as what's called YottsunoTsuji, which is the scenic point where a lot of folks turn back (actually many visitors turn back earlier). But even with little kids in tow and going super-slow, taking pictures and checking out trinkets and everything, it was only 1.5hrs round-trip back to the compound entrance.