FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian flying JetBlue from FLL to HAV - problems?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:05 pm
maverikbc

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by SJOGuy
Don't the charter airlines that ferry Canadians to Cuba for resort stays also sell air-only packages? Are those not options for you? Aren't there some good fare deals there? You wouldn't even have to bother with U.S. regulations.

Until about a few years ago, all inclusive packages used to start around CAD600 per person from YVR, which includes air, lodging, food and drinks. Since 2 years or so, it went up skyrocket, now I cannot find anything under CAD900.

Air only starts around CAD500, and it's been always around this price range. In the past, almost everybody chose all inclusive packages, including myself, because the price difference between air only and package was so miniscule.

As I wrote previously, I've been looking to burn DL Skymiles (maybe from other programs as well) and USD100 voucher, I thought Cuba would be a good destination as USA carriers started flying there, now it doesn't look like it.