FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Residences Waikiki Beach [Master Thread]
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:56 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
[QUOTE=Nagasaki Joe;28801161]
Originally Posted by navatwal
Does anybody have any feedback on this property?

I visited this property in October 2016 to view model residences for sale. It was still under construction, but the lower cost residences had already been sold. They did not advise buying the units if you are looking to earn cash flow from them. At the prices they were asking, I thought I could find better value at a lower price on one of the other Hawaiian islands.

The units themselves come in various sizes, but I was not very impressed with the interior design, especially the furniture. The bathrooms are quite impressive, but the rest of the units less so. The kitchens in particular are small in the one-bedroom units, more like kitchenettes. The views from the lanais are quite nice and the shared spaces of the facility, such as the fitness center, pool, restaurants, etc. were all very attractive.

You can make reservations for these units at the Chase UR website. Initially, the per night rate was rather high at 40-50,000 UR points per night, but recently, the rate has dropped and you can find studio and one-bedroom units in the low 30,000 point range per night. I have thought about reserving a unit during a stay in Waikiki Beach, but I really prefer being right on the beach, though they are only a short 5-minute walk from the beach.
I spent a lot of time for work on Oahu when these were under construction. Someone at the property explained to me that almost all of the units were sold to individuals from mainland China and this had become their target segment. All timeshare sales will tell you that you should not buy timeshares for investment purposes. It's an industry wide thing.