FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini RTW Questions
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:44 am
rowdypfeifer

Programs: Marriott TE, AC75K
I currently have a 4-person J class multi-city itinerary booked for August 2018 with IAH as the origin city, heading to MUC and onwards.

I'm looking to add YYC-IAH onto the beginning (and end) of the trip and am running into a weird scenario. I won't be able to snag 4 YYC-IAH seats in J and am fine travelling Y for that segment.

Using UA, AE and EF award searches I've found the following:

If I search the YYC-IAH segment only, it shows no Y (X) reward space available on UA for the flight I need to take in order to make my CNX at IAH.

However, if I search YYC-MUC, it shows Y (X) reward space on both the YYC-IAH-MUC flights. I already have IAH-MUC booked in J (I), so will the Y (X) reward space on the YYC-IAH flight be available for me to add if I'm only adding the one segment?

Is there a difference in Y (X) reward availability on direct/domestic UA flight itineraries vs 1-stop/international UA flight itineraries to Europe?

I'm just waiting for the UA award space to become available for my return flight in the next few days before I phone in and try to make these changes.