FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Metropolitan, Paris, Tribute Portfolio [Master Thread]
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:57 am
3rdworldresident

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
currently staying here for 2nd time.

Location was pretty good. Nice neighborhood with many shops and restaurants.

I was upgraded to a suite with eiffel tower view (though on a low floor). The suite itself was nice and spacious (much bigger than the deluxe room i had on first stay). The layout was more like a junior suite (one big room). Bathroom was very good with separate bathtub and walk-in shower though im not sure about the cleanliness (heavily dust).

There is an android phone with unlimited 4G data and free calling to the some countries (US included) in each room. Guests can bring it out while exploring Paris. This is a new benefit of staying here. Reception staffs were always nice, friendly and helpful. Overall service was good too. Didn't go down to the gym/pool area this time.

I took breakfast as my platinum amenity. The policy still remains unchanged. You got only continental breakfast for 2 persons. If you want an egg dish, pay more 10 EUR/person. Food was so-so except bakery that was outstanding. Service at breakfast could also be better. I recommend any platinum members take the 500 points instead.

Other minor hiccups
- housekeeping service was a hit or miss.
- extremely slow wifi, almost unusable. also no premium internet for elite member.
- limited tv channels.
- some maintenance issues, ex. broken light bulbs in room, torn and worn carpet in hallway, still remain.
- not so good soundproofing.

Overall an acceptable stay for a 4-star boutique hotel in the heart of Paris. However i wouldnt stay here again unless the rate is less than 150 EUR/night.