FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suspicious Activity Reports to the IRS when buying or depositing money orders.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:34 pm
FrankMS

Originally Posted by Mamibear
In my limited 3 yr experience with CUs, I prefer to get a call from their RMG early on so I know exactly where I stand regarding my MO deposits. I read people's advice about having good relationships with the teller but for me, cordial relationships with tellers and branch managers have NO bearing on RMG decision when one's account gets flagged. The BM even told me they cannot override decisions made by the RMG, they have to comply and close accounts of "valuable clients".

Therefore, it is best to keep in mind that NOT all CUs are the same (but all of them have *RMG or LPD); one's experience with THEIR CU has no bearing on YOUR experience with yours. YMMV. One has to do their own thing with THEIR CU and hope for the best. This is my opinion, fwiw.

RMG/LPD = risk management group/loss prevention dept
Well said. With any kind of volume, you WILL get a call from the RMG. How that situation is handled will determine if you get to stay with them.