FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:53 pm
StayingHomeIsBetter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
StayingHomeIsBetter - my comment was made to reinforce what you had written, not suggest you believed that FCM offers would improve. Apologies if you took it as applied to you.
I mentioned this only to quel any prediction that FCM offers will become more 'generous' in the future, especially for Medallions. The fact that C+ buy ups are rising too suggests to me that the only thing stopping DL from making F only CPU eligible from C+ as opposed to from Y is the fact that AA's and UA's Y+ products aren't quite the same as DL's. As soon as that does happen though, FCM rates will 'keep climbing' higher...
No offense take, No apology needed. ^

I certainly agree with you. We have seen FCM as generous as it will ever be, short of some industry-shaking event that requires the airlines to profess to be restoring customer focus in order to survive.

Apart from that, we will continue to see what the airlines now call "competition"... the three legacies will take turns cutting benefits to see if the other two follow. If so, the benefit cuts will remain, across the board. If not, the cut will be withdrawn, and the next airline will try a different benefit cut.