FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "I didn't stick my finger in it" (FA response to type of pasta)- Recent AA Experience
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:44 am
HMPS

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
I started my career in restaurants, customer service is an attitude that cannot be faked. You either care about customers or you don't. It's not a question whether customers act perfect or not, you're there to make their experience a positive one. If you hire people that care, you can train them to do all the other tasks, honestly it's not rocket science. The safety tasks of a FA surely take a higher level of ability but there is still a customer service element that follows closely behind in importance. If you don't feel it, at least try to fake it. If not, get into a new line of work where customer service doesn't matter so much.
+!

Can be called the BEST post....

In my previous life as a CUSTOMER Relations Mgr. for a Fortune Ten company I started to imprint in the culture "that CUSTOMERS are our life blood." Henceforth the word customer will always be in caps to remind us who makes the paychecks possible.

Alas did not last long after my departure...company did go bankrupt 17 years later.
I used to say CUSTOMERS like that in probably the most posted airline thread in FT but the denizen objected mightily saying ai was SHOUTING...nevermind the topic hand was CUSTOMER Service .....