FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Gold
Thread: Lifetime Gold
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:10 am
Omba

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Lifetime Gold

Delighted and surprised to say that on Monday night I crossed the threshold to Lifetime Gold.

Delighted because I brought up the 35K in the nicest way with an F to SCL. Couple of Mojito Royales in the CCR from Borisz to set me up, ("How did you know about that, Sir?"), and a great crew. Surprised because the first year consisted of a couple of GLA and NCL returns from LHR and that was about it.

In 8 years, just 2 cancelled flights, 1 unscheduled overnight at AMS when crew timed out, bumped once from my seat by a minor Royal, and a couple of indifferent crews have been more than compensated for by the sense of being "home" at the start of any return journey. By 6 years of CCR access. And of course by the many Avios funded and Joker enabled family trips.

Although I have learnt on here that there may be better hard and soft products out there, and to check that out I am treating myself to a CX F to HKG in Dec; at the end of the day BA fly direct to everywhere I need to go. The loss of Baku direct was a shame and Moscow going LH helped a lot. And I still rate my first corporate 747 UD, to Cape Town, as a favourite flight.

I have more chance of walking on the moon than reaching LTGGL but as long as I fly I trust I will continue to be entertained and educated by all on here.

Thanks and Cheers