FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suspicious Activity Reports to the IRS when buying or depositing money orders.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:56 am
AlohaDaveKennedy

Programs: Several dozen
Whatever you do, diversify. Your government preaches diversity so have multiple channels open at all times to recycle paper. Take your MS more seriously than Equifax takes security over your Social Security number.

Originally Posted by in4tar
I posted this question in "Buying MO at Walmart" thread, but perhaps this is a better place for my question.
Assuming getting MOs is not a problem, how do you dispose of them? I am doing on average anywhere between 10-20K a month. I have a CU account where I slowly and steadily deposit around 10K a month. I used to send the rest directly to my credit cards as payments. However, I recently got a phone call from Amex customer service asking me to stick to "one form of payment" (they said that I could pay by MO but it has to be just one MO, not multiple). So it gave me pause.
Now I am not sure how I should dispose of the MOs - deposit more than 10K per month into one account? Open several accounts and deposit smaller amounts? The advise I get is often conflicting. I wish to avoid shutdown by my bank yet avoid "structuring" as well.
How do you guys dispose of your MOs??