FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:54 am
Knobbgb

Programs: A3 *G
Have A3 made additional schedule cuts this coming winter between January and March?

I was looking at the UK and RoI flights. I thought that Dublin had been extended through the whole winter but it seems it stops between 8th January and 28th March.

Also Manchester has been year-round recently hasn't it? That also stops between 14th January and 24th March this year.

And I thought the LHR flights were always 3x daily (with added Gatwick frequencies in the summer) but it seems the early morning departure from Athens/midday departure from Heathrow will operate into LGW on Tue, Wed, Thu and Fri - also from Mid January to Mid march.

Is this normal or did I just imagine it (that's why I'm posting in 'flame-free' hehe)? Also, has anyone noticed any cuts on other routes I'm less familiar with?

What happens to those Heathrow slots? I thought they had to be used or they would be forfeited. And what's the rationale behind moving one flight to Gatwick four days per week for nine weeks. I know it's cheaper to operate there but is it worth it for such a short time?

Last edited by Knobbgb; Sep 9, 2017 at 2:04 am