FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:28 pm
callmedtop

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Kremmen
That's consistent with what I've experienced, which has been that HKG availability to/from USA (especially LAX) is severely reduced for AS, while CX flights to other places still have the same availability for AS as for other partners.

A month ago, a friend booked a pair of J tickets to PER for next year. The availability for LAX-HKG was much less than BA/JL/QF reported, but HKG-PER was identical.

Tonight, I booked a J ticket for next July. MEL-HKG availability for the whole week I was looking at was identical for that AS agent as BA/JL/QF showed. HKG-LAX was zero for the whole week for AS, despite BA/JL/QF showing a smattering of J seats on various days. She tried other airports and found CX892 HKG-SFO for 2 days that week, matching what other partners show. (She was able to book an onward connection to SEA in F, even though every SFO-SEA that evening showed high-tier 60k pricing.)
I agree with this, except for DPS-HKG. I have called over 20 times and agents can see 0 J space, despite there being 2-4 seats every day for the months of June and July. I ended up booking with AA.