FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United 747 Farewell & Remembrances Master Thread
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:55 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by EmailKid
IIRC CO introduced Biz1st when they unveiled lie flat Biz seat. They may well have been first ones to do this for Biz in US.
No it is not.

The BusinessFirst name exist before the lie flat biz seat when CO was still with Skyteam (BusinessFirst is the whole product not just the seats), and for sure they are not the first ones to do this for Biz in US, PMUA was with the IPTE product !!! That‘s why at the time PMUA can get away with 2-4-2 as nobody in the US has a horizontal flat seat product.

I remembered very well because a friend of mine was CO platinum, when he saw PMUA already had IPTE out but CO was still stuck with the old cradle business first seat (despite good service and good food but the seat are terrible especially on CO 98/99 EWR-HKG), so he asked me to nominate him to be premier associate (ever remember that ?) so that he can jumpship from CO but at least able to get E+ from the beginning. He moved up quickly to be 1K.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Sep 7, 2017 at 10:01 pm