FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:33 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I am arriving on AA and will continue on LH from the A gates (Schengen).

I know that in Frankfurt arrivals from the US are "clean", so from that point of view no requirement to pass through security before connecting. However, never done a T2-T1 transfer at all, is the layout of the terminal such that I have to go through security again? Where would that happen? At A, in the "circle"? Is that before or after immigration?

I am wondering whether it isn't faster to take the Skytrain landside over to B and then walk to the FCT (I have access). Just not sure. I want to avoid long lines at security

Thanks.
I'm pretty certain moving between T1 and T2 involves going through security. If you have access to the FCT, I'd go through passport control/landside in T2, take the Skyline train to B and walk to the FCT. I think you go through security before passport control if you take the Skyline train to A/Z.