FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many blog [CC] affiliate links have you used?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:33 am
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by EqualOpp
didn't think about that.... when I buy through Topcashback, etc...I usually delete my browser history and cookies, so I know I have periodically cleaned house so to speak.

despite that...I wonder how many bloggers / which ones I may have inadvertently supported in this way? I can eliminate the no 24 month language ones and incognito ones. Certain bloggers I am careful to generally not click any of the actual app links, just sticking with the content.

And some bloggers don't hawk CCs aggressively at all. like travelisfree and doc - no affiliate links.

Seems to be some hate for bloggers on FT. I can understand why for some of them. Killed some gooses. But I've gotten valuable info from various ones. And I know they mention the best offers available - except for a few, which I typically don't care for their writing style anyway...so I don't bother. I often have compared to what is on FT to make sure I get the latest.
Well that's just it. Boardingarea does nothing to clamp down on clickbait. There are specific bloggers who make a living by posting targeted deals that 99% of their readers do not have access to, knowing if they click that link to see if they are targeted, that the blogger will get a pay out if the reader purchases something within the next 24 hours. As long as the top three BA bloggers stay loyal I guess there will always be a place for that site. Too bad they don't use the Uber model where you can rate each article and enough bad reviews leads to the blogger being removed from the site. Would push the bloggers to be more honest and also stop making their blogs like their personal diaries so they can push out 3-4 posts a day.