FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All the Fs. Trying every aspirational first class
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:04 pm
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Clocking in at #3 is EK - Emirates.

Emirates isn't the best product, or even the most luxurious, but it's unequivocally the most fun! In fact, if it wasn't such a pain to book, and if DXB wasn't in the middle of nowhere, it would easily be my first choice of airline to fly around the world.

I'll start with the area in which Emirates is strongest: Alcohol. The drink selection is impeccable. On my flights, they served Dom Perignon 2006.

As nice as the F seats are… on most flights you'll see me spend the majority of my time at the bar in the back of the business class section:

At the bar, they'll bring over the First class champagne, and substitute it into the cocktails. Here's a Dom 2006 + crème de cassis concoction… because I can:

The Hennesy Paradis is excellent. Retailing at $700+ a bottle, I would never order it myself. But when it's free onboard Emirates, I'll enjoy it as much as I can.

The cabin is over the top, blinged out to an almost comical degree:

The food was pretty good, too:

Based on my pictures, it looks like I ordered the caviar about 4 times.

And last but not least, one cannot mention Emirates without mentioning 2 onboard shower suites. Showering at 35,000 ft is an absolutely over the top and ridiculous experience. That said, it's a lot more practical than it sounds. When I land, I feel refreshed and ready to go out. Compare with the typical landing after a long-haul, where I feel like a total mess until I can check in to the hotel and shower.

Last edited by helvetic; Sep 6, 2017 at 6:20 pm