FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Partnership with Aeromexico is ending on December 31st, 2017
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:11 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by agurg
That was expected. With the presence of AS in Mexico; not sure how much value did this partnership had. I would rather fly LAN to South America than have another stop over in between.
That is all well and good if you live in a LATAM city, or a city where AS can get you on the same ticket. LAN suspended SFO a few years ago, and AS won't even put you on VX metal to connect to a LATAM award at this point, so I've been on my own to get to LAX. At least with AM (not my favorite airline by any means), it is the most direct SFO/EZE routing after the SFO/LIM/EZE (LA) routing vanished. Later this month, I'm flying DL (OAK/LAX - separate ticket) to connect to my LA trip.

I've now lost DL, AA (because w/o the domestic leg included, it is worthless), and AM to/from South America in relatively short order, and I've got at least 3 paid premium tickets down there each year. My only remaining way, earning AS miles, is a 3 segment trip.