FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Petty AA: Denied earlier flight at LHR on SAAver award, got SSSS
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:59 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
Good Point. Unfortunately, only ONE agent at Flagship FC check-in (I have no reason to believe that he/she is assigned there for being the brightest or more sympathetic), and long lines at other positions.

What baffles me is that, as per Expertflyer real time availability and given the remaining time before each flight, accepting to move me would have actually INCREASED AA's chances of added revenue. Classic domestic case in DFW, ORD and MIA where pax are turned away from early flights with availability, only to end with massive compensation at the end of the day for overbooking. Anybody with an IQ of 85 understands this.
Those with an IQ of 100 probably understands that when wanting to make a change to the booking, that unless there is availability to make the change, that it is quite normal for a change to be not possible

If there was a need identified by AA to make changes due to issues , I expect that it would have been doing so