FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paid extra legroom seating for Platinums
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:47 am
oruvin

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
They've probably not opened up the upper deck yet. If the lower deck is getting full, then they'll open the upper deck for purchase.

On our DXB-BKK flight last week, only the first cabin on the upper deck was used.

Loads to BKK must be dropping, as they are now switching some A380 flights to B777.
I've checked DXB-BKK seat maps on Expert Flyer for next couple days, and they all look almost filled up.

Anyway, on our flight there are 6 seats already selected at the upper deck (I guess people bought them before that change, when upper deck was available), but now all other seats show as blocked.

So I wonder will I be able to select it at check in? And how actually this check in works with connecting flights? Lets say, I check in for our first flight (BXH-DXB) 48h before flight, will I be able to check in/select seats on our second flight (DXB-BKK), which is 10 hours later than our first flight (and it will be more than 48h)? Or will I need to check in twice - 48h before first flight, and then 48h before second flight?