FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pay with points and money??
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:35 pm
acarney

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I just priced this for you and using 66k points, would take it to 66k points + $173. In the new Hilton points + cash option, the points are used at a fixed value of 0.5 cents each.

I would really advise against transferring Amex points to Hilton and doing this redemption, as it's a pretty terrible value of Amex points, but hey, they're your points. I would recommend checking your Amex Offers on your Platinum card and looking for the current Hilton Spend $250+, get $$ back. And yes you get your gold benefits regardless of cash, points, or cash + points.
Thanks for reminding me about that! I just activated that today and then promptly forgot about it while trying to figure out what I'm spending these points on. Speaking of which, I could have sworn Chase had those same kind of offers for their sapphire reserve card but I can't find them now...

I also am at a loss to how to use these Amex points. I don't do a lot of spend on the Amex so they aren't going to build up very fast... I'm using the $200 travel perk toward F on Delta, round trip is ~$600... so transferring them to Delta and burning ~50k for ~$400 worth of F doesn't seem worth it...