FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 24 hour refund on Expedia and my DOT complaint
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:29 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I received a letter from Expedia over the weekend.

This is manually transcribed, so there may be typos.

August 29, 2017

Scott Kennedy
[address redacted]

Re: DOT Case Number PC201708xxxx

Dear Mr. Kennedy:

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns. At Expedia, we take customer complaints and feedback seriously, and strive to provide our customers with a great experience.

Our records indicate on August 5, 2017, you self-booked round-trip flight for one passenger on Expedia.com. The flights were operated by [airline redacted], departing from San Francisco, CA to [destination redacted] on [date redacted], and returning [date redacted].

On August 5, 2017, you contacted our customer service and requested the cancelation of your reservation. Since your flights were successfully voided within 24 hours of purchase, the temporary, pending authorization to deduct $6,xxx.xx from your account, should have been released. These authorizations typically release within 24-48 hours. We request that you contact your financial institution, if the authorization has not been released. If your financial institution is not able to assist, please send us bank statements showing that the amount of $6,xxx.xx was charged.

We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address the issues brought to our attention. If you have further questions or concerns regarding this matter, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
[what appears to be an actual signature]
[name redacted]
Corporate Customer Service.
For the record, the charge posted to my card. It's not a "temporary authorization".

I guess I'll call Chase and read the letter to them, and see what they say.