FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My 10 days canyons routing from LAS
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:53 pm
Lost

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
That's about 1500 miles of driving, and that's just getting between point a and b, not the touring around you'll do at each stop.

Recommendations:

-Ditch Death Valley. It's in the opposite direction of everything else you want to see. On that day leave Vegas and head east towards Zion or the North Rim.

-Edit: Disregard what I said about the North Rim. All of the lodging/facilities close for the winter about a week before you arrive. The drive via US 89A is still highly recommended.Do the Grand Canyon North Rim instead of the South Rim. It positions you better between Zion and Page, and the drive on US 89A and AZ 67 (?) is immensely more scenic than I-40. Downside: lodging may already be booked.

-10/28 looks like a very long day

Edit: Also, for the number of federally-run parks you want to see an $80 Annual National Parks Pass would be more than worth the purchase price. This will cover the entrance fee for all of the National Parks, which is typically $20-$30 each. No need to buy in advance; just buy it at the entrance station of the first park you visit (includes Red Rocks if you happen to stop there while in Vegas at the start of the trip). The only place I see on your list where it won't cover the fee is Antelope Canyon, and if you do any tours at Monument Valley.

Last edited by Lost; Sep 5, 2017 at 2:30 pm