FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United traveler's first time to China
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:54 pm
Zeug

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Plat
United traveler's first time to China

Hello Flyertalk!

I've been working with a few companies in China and it's time to make a verification trip. So It looks like I will be traveling to China in the next week or two. I need to visit factories in CGO and TNA. Just a day in each city. This will be my first trip to China (or anywhere in Asia for that matter).

I am located in COS/DEN. I book my own travel and usually fly business for international trips. Would like to keep with United for the long haul if possible. (GS hopeful...)

Any tips on the best routing? It looks like I would either fly through PEK or PVR? Is one better than the other for a first timer? If PEK, I would take an extra day to visit the great wall. Not sure what is of interest in PVR? I see there are direct options from SFO, LAX and ORD. ORD has a nice Polaris lounge, but I believe SFO has the new Polaris seating on the 777ER.

I'm not sure if there are directs to these final destinations from outside of China, so haven't looked at Japan or HKG as options.

A quick search on google flights lists Air China for the last segments. Is this a good option or should I book with a different Chinese airline? I have never flown Air China.

I'm looking forward to a new adventure, but realize that a little planning and advice could have a big impact on my trip.

Thanks,

Zeug.