FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini RTW Questions
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:31 am
jerryhung

Originally Posted by brew99

1) As a non-status member without ability to book any available seat, how challenging is it to actually find available inventory? I see many different trip combinations listed here but as now an average Joe would I be able to find similar?

2) i noticed on another posting the timing for release of J inventory which seems different across the various SA carriers. What's the best strategy to start planning? Would it be to look for potential routes and then align to the timing of different carriers release schedules? I don't want to miss inventory if it gets snapped up as soon as it is made available.

3) Last question, has anyone started up a side business to provide some research and advice services for booking a mini RTW outside of calling AP? I'd be willing to pay for help and assistance as the complexity and time involved for a rookie is pretty daunting.

Thx!
Luck, timing (earlier is better), supply & demand, brute force search/trial-and-error

Australia is hard regardless
Study previous booked trips and start from there, search with low season dates to see options available, so you can be ready to book when your date opens up

There are some paid services, look them up (there's a thread on Flyertalk) or simply Google
Some are USA, some are Canada. I think rate is $100-$150/person?