FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:18 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I queried that too. It took 15 months of planning to get to 1 September 2017, which for those familiar with large organisations or government departments isn't a long as it sounds. What I think has happened is that BA have not 100% agreed this with Do&Co and all the details, and want a good trial on NYLON before committing to wider implementation. If it does go to more places there are very complex logistics involved, in terms of ordering hundreds of thousands of items of catering equipment and kitchen adjustments in dozens of locations all over the planet. Just ordering, buying, taking delivery and putting into service the nifty bread basket will take months from start to finish. Just how it is with large organisations.

Can't say it sounds particularly convincing to me, in all honesty c-w-s. And nor do I for one moment believe that all large organisations (including other airlines) move at this pedestrian pace. I do however sometimes get the impression that changes at BA which involve spending money on developments which will benefit customers take rather more time to implement than those which might benefit the airline. The two are not always one & the same.

I'm pretty sure there are many dynamic industries where a manager offering that sort of explanation for the delay in rollout would be told to go away, think again, and come back with better solutions.