FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aberdeen - BA Lounge - Silver Refusal
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:14 am
stu1985

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by Anastasis
Complained 'online' to BA and further below is their 'official' answer received today:

Customer By CSS Web (Anastasis) (16/08/2017 11.43 AM (BST))
Note: Starting from 31 July 2017, British Airways Lounge in Aberdeen will close for refurbishment. The British Airways Lounge in Aberdeen will be undergoing refurbishment works which will mean the lounge will be closed for several months. During this period alternative options will be available. Please contact the Customer Service team at the airport for further information.

Dear BA,

Aberdeen is the hub for my trips and now silver members cannot enter the BA lounge unless you are gold; instead you offer a £5 voucher that is supposed to be consumed outside the lounge on food and non-alcohol drinks; is that the real value of your silver members???

I find it more and more difficult to stay with your status scheme;

Answer:
Thanks for contacting me about the closure of our lounge at Aberdeen airport. Please accept my apologies for this and for the delay in responding to your concerns.
The closure is due to a major redevelopment of the airport terminal including the security search area, which will be relocated to the lounge's current location.
Our new British Airways lounge is planned to open in May 2018.
The new lounge will have 375 square metres of space and will include comfortable seating and airside views.
Until our new lounge opens we've arranged alternative options for our eligible customers.
These include offering a third party lounge for Club Europe customers and for our Gold Executive Club members.
A refreshment voucher for Silver Executive Club members is also available.
I realise this isn't ideal, but I'm sure you'll understand the lounge can only accommodate a certain number of passengers at any one time.
Thanks again for contacting me.
We value your support as a Silver member of our Executive Club. I hope you enjoy your flight with us to London Heathrow on 10 September.
Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist you with anything else.
Best regards
Lewis Stafford
British Airways Customer Relations
Your case reference is:16915745
Welcome to FT Anastasis and the BA forum.

Seems a pretty standard cut and paste response from BA. I really don't buy the capacity argument - each time I have been in there, it hasn't even been half full. It just seems like penny pinching.

I did have to laugh at the "we value your support as a Silver member of our Executive Club".......