FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa GPUs Go Electronic {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:55 am
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 1cericks
So I have a flight with my wife DEN-FRA on 11-05 (LH447). I have applied two GPUs but they are waitlisted. I noticed on United, you can book 3 business savers on that same flight which it says comes from I inventory. Shouldn't the GPUs also clear from I? Should I pull and reapply the upgrades or does it help to call Lufthansa? A different GPU on the same reservation already cleared, and when I now look at the United reservation it says "! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued." I call United and they tell me to call Lufthansa, I call Lufthansa and they tell me nothing more needs to be done. Any other advice?
something went wrong or is out of sync. You should not see a message like 'a modification has been made' when a LH segment clears ... it should either disappear completely, stay as it is or show up as I/O-class (all of these happen). I would start calling LH asking them how this looks on their end (they own the UG process at this point) and it could very well be they need to fix things on their end. If this doesn't help then call UA, but tell them this involves LH upgrades and they need to get someone involved who knows how to handle these reservations. Worse comes to worse if there is really I3 available you can take it all out and re-request it.