FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Seoul Palace Gangnam [Master Thread]
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:29 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by Canada101
I shook both their hands and wanted to offer a tip but both were a little horrified as I reached for my wallet and took 2-3 steps back while bowing. As the bus driver was quite impatient given the delay in the schedule, I didn't insist and simply boarded.

As the bus pulled away, both associates bowed and waved goodbye.
tsk tsk...another one that thinks money is god. Can't understand why in such days and times there are still so many people trying to force feed their culture upon others.

Don't guests realize that service charges has been included in the bill (which at times in Korea strangely varies from 10% to 20+%) especially at the semi-luxurious-luxurious hotels.
Furthermore at these hotels, it is quite common that (and even expected) that they help you with your bags. The only bags I don't give them is the one containing my documents for check-in, other than that, I have learned that it's easier to just let them help you bring the bags to your room.

Back to this property, I was curious of this upon seeing it from the JW and had planned to check it out on my next trip, but seeing the reviews about the room size and upgrade probability, I will most probably just stick to the JW (albeit dated rooms) since the standard rooms are still reasonable in size.

Cheers!