FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I combine 2 separate ticket redemption to a round trip?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:51 pm
percysmith
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
sxc correct about the 4 day cutoff because I get given it quite a lot of the time also.

I feel the agent is correct about not being able to refund J+PY - probably return J only.

christep correct about waiting for J after departure. Example: my YVR trip 10-21/11/16
- originally only PE available. The missus has objections
- HKG-YVR J became available around 14/10. I was set 5/11 deadline because YVR-HKG not available.
- 21/11 YVR-HKG J still not available 5/11. I ticketed HKG-YVR J and continued to waitlist 21/11 YVR-HKG J.
- YVR-HKG J cleared 14/11 (already in Canada) and ticketed against same PNR
- 70,000x2 - 120,000 r/t difference refunded in HKG

I've also done another variant where I ticketed PE and then reissued first outbound then inbound one sector at a time then claimed refund difference <-- can't help it given Patricia is releasing seats more tightly than my office espresso maker.

Oh one thing speaking of Singapore - not sure if anyone else here's noticed CX had a bit of an unintentional open back door on availability yesterday - lots of previously waitlisted flights cleared and I was able to grab previously unavailable December wedding weekend (another great use of redemptions) flights to Singapore. The window closed in the afternoon. Not that everything was available tho e.g. my 19/2 BKK-HKG CNY is still N/A. Anyone else noticed the ~6 hours of additional availability yesterday?

P.S. @QRC3288 - regional J over cradle Y for Singapore redeye? I rather the cradle (I just came back from CX524/KA397)

Last edited by percysmith; Sep 5, 2017 at 1:51 am