FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:07 pm
Edgerfly
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by flguy
Im in florida so i need fly to a gateway city so im going to HKG in F 2 seats. I can go from either JFK, ORD, BOS
I did just book one with AA out of JFK in F need another one now but its still 7 weeks out so it should open
Ah I see. In all honesty I don't ever check the BOS one to get to Seattle, so I can only comment on ORD and JFK flights. I don't know if you're going on a holiday weekend either here, or in China, so that obviously would effect things. My return actually is a HKG-JFK-SEA. I would say both ORD and JFK are about equal, but JFK probably has a slight edge.

Even though ORD only operates one flight a day, the rewards are usually plentiful in F from my experience and they seem to release all those seats in F if they're available up until departure date that I've seen. Also doesn't seem like many people are fighting over that flight for award space for some reason. Just my experience on what I've seen when booking. I can recall the ORD flight always eventually being open in both directions at some point in F on some days, so long as I was flexible with my days here and there. The problem, and reason I never took the ORD flight, was because I could never end up finding a way to Seattle.

That being said JFK has the most CX flights so F usually does open up, especially close to departure on something. This is almost always true; a certainty actually. Especially if you're willing to wait till last minute. The only problem I foresee for you is not getting two F seats on the same flight