FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Acadia NP Tips
Thread: Acadia NP Tips
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:13 am
maverick17

Reviving this old thread since there are quite a few on Acadia already, and this one focused on camping.

My main question is if AMflier or anyone else has comments on how hard it would be to get a first-come-first-served campsite on a Sunday somewhat pre-peeping season (i.e. 13 days from now)? I'm hoping most people are leaving on Sunday.

I've got an itinerary planned thanks to the many comments in other threads. Will do Saturday along HWY 1, Sunday and Monday in Acadia, Tuesday driving through the Kanc and some hiking, and Wednesday over to Ticonderoga then back home to the EWR area.

Any thoughts or tips are welcomed. Especially on good moderate hiking trails. However we're locked into the dates we have, no interest in seafood, just going for nature/hiking and see some new places, as well as any leaves that turn early. It's a bit heavy on the driving I know, hoping to mitigate that with some good hiking to keep our legs alive rather than cutting out places as we'll likely not be up that way again. TIA