FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was I just not paying attention? LAX - Europe
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:52 pm
DELee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
UA tried upping LAX-LHR to 2x daily earlier this year but it didn't work out.
Link to blog source
Hey, I actually booked the 2nd flight when it was scheduled and UACO cancelled it even before it ever flew.

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I tried flying the morning flight earlier this year and got moved to the afternoon flight (LHR-LAX).
Want the morning flight out of LHR so will no longer fly LHR-LAX. Morning flight ensures quicker recovery from jetlag (I personally have found no difference flying the 787 vs any other aircraft in the fleet).

Will fly LAX-LHR as it is the red eye and enough time to sleep to help with the jetlag.

Stupid move by UA to move the flight to the afternoon as not late enough to have a full work day in London before leaving (which is why I may have considered catching an evening flight LHR-LAX.) UA flight leaves at 2pm. NZ flight leaves at 4pm so if I want a flight LHR-LAX I catch the NZ flight as I get two extra hours of work in.

UA have a self fulfilling prophesy that there are not enough people to have two LHR-LAX flights.
Part of me wonders if the schedule planners are trying to save the LHR slots for flights to/from of EWR and ORD given their frequencies and sorta hoping that we'll connect instead of flying nonstop. Really smart move either way. Not.

David