FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paid extra legroom seating for Platinums
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:22 pm
Will08

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It is still no different - all had the same opportunity at the airport , now all have the same opportunity to purchase ; how is everyone having the same level of chance of getting a seat now any worse than all getting at the airport

It seems that many suggesting exemptions think that EK should set up exceptions that would enable them to get the seats for free whilst others have to pay

It seems a good thing to enable exit row selection and an encouragement for those that want exit seating to book
I am most likely going to lose Gold going into the next year so for me the chance of being able to prebook a leg room seat and get to the airport 90 mins before my flight with no lounge access is more appealing than having to get there early.

I do agree however that it is frustrating that those with status don't have any sort of priority. There is nothing worse than being one row behind the legroom seats with your chin resting on your knees when the purser comes round to greet you and asks is there anything they can do for you. This is annoying for two reasons -

They cant swap you with anybody on the front row (the one thing you want them to do) and by deduction nobody on the front row was greeted you know they aren't at least Gold.

On future flights I may well be sat next to somebody who chanced it at the airport and didn't pay. I cant be annoyed by this - they chose to risk it I didn't.

How will this impact Op ups though? Two gold both sat in economy with flex plus tickets, one has paid for extra legroom one hasn't...