FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:37 am
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BenSenise
What's the Conrad Tokyo like on a one night award stay as gold honors?

On our last night of a three week tour, i'd like to be back in tokyo for the night before our flight out. we'll begin our trip with a fairly long stay at the hilton tokyo so we'll explore the city plus some day trips then. our flight out is on a sunday night, around 19h00. my guess is that we'll be pretty much exhausted by then so i was thinking that a 16h00 checkout would be perfect if we just wanted to go out a bit in the morning and then back to the hotel for a shower before the overnight flight out of NRT.
I would be grateful for any opinions on whether or not this is a good use of 95k honors points.
I can't comment on what the Conrad Tokyo provides beyond normal, publicized Gold benefits. I have generally found no difference if I've stayed there on awards vs. paid, but for me it's always been as a Diamond.

Now on the 95K points.. I wouldn't want to spend that much personally, but your YMMV, of course. Maybe there is so no choice though..

Finally, I would take the Limousine Bus service from the hotel to NRT. It is door to door, and you can even put the purchase to your room charge, if you'd like.

Here is the timetable published on the Conrad site, but I would check with the Concierge the day before, since it could have changed, and you do need to reserve your ride for a specific bus (http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/reso...w_Apr_2015.pdf).