FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:54 pm
curl

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yankees555
Fairmont in Maui was great! lovely property with amazing sunsets and great breeze. I love how you can see the other islands in the distance from Maui. As for the other commenter mentioning stink eyes in Maui, I've been to Maui 6 times and never experienced that. Be humble and show aloha spirit and it is highly unlikely anyone will be rude to you.
We were shocked at the attitude we got from some people in Maui. Again, we did not stay at the Fairmont that time, so maybe was a Kapalua/Lahaina thing. (We stayed at the Ritz, before I was a Fairmont loyal and on property, everyone was great there too) I've just never experienced that in half a dozen trips to the Big Island. Maybe it was the Jeep we rented - does that make you look like an a**hole ? anyway, now my hub doesn't want to go back there.

You guys, I do need to update on one thing at the Mayakoba: The beach is stunning!!! It is double the size it used to be, more palapas and really quite amazing. Apparently all of the resorts in Mayakoba did beach work and you can now walk easily on the beach among all of the properties. (Which you could no longer do when we were there 6 months ago) If I could figure out how to share a photo on FT, I would.