FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rented car has been damaged, no call from insurance company
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:07 am
Darki

Rented car has been damaged, no call from insurance company

Hello,

I'm an international staff in a facility and rented a nice car exactly 4 weeks ago from a well-trusted company (I'm not going to mention anything personal detail for various reasons, but I have to type some information down to make a full picture). The company made me pay two of the insurances: one which covers the car and one which covers anything else - I had no problem accepting them. On the way back I was out of luck and hit a small animal on a country road. It damaged the front of the car and some inside engine parts. I was able to drive it back to the original branch, but it was closed at that time. I wanted to play it fair so I let them know of the damage, and also, they knew my employer, my address, my phone number, everything about me.

Second part of the story: I haven't been called by anyone, didn't receive a letter, a check, an email. They didn't take the deductible off my card.

Third part of the story: I'm going to leave the country in a few days. The exchange rate between my home currency and USD is pretty bad right now, so it would be advisable to keep the money on my card as long as necessary, but I'm afraid that they will take the deductible (500 USD) in the meantime. I think I waited enough, now I would like to keep that 500 bucks.

I have only one question: Do you think, is there a real chance that after 4 weeks they didn't forget me?

Thank you!