FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380 First Class Marathon... 48 hours of Qatar, Emirates and Etihad
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:56 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nequine
Kind of not surprised to hear that, and the food at Doha looks very tempting indeed. I like your analogy of it being like a museum but without the art, sums it up well I thought! ^
Thanks nequine.

Originally Posted by Bretteee
The starter in the Dubai lounge looks like Kebbe (Syrian / Lebanese style). However the Iraqi Kebbe is different (more time consuming to make) and also is delicious but not fried. My aunt used to make both and I regret I never took the recipes. I wonder whether less people are chosing to fly on Qatar due to the boycotts. Anyway clearly no food shortage.
Thank you Bretteee. I'm sure that the traffic is down since they can't fly to a number of Gulf States and Egypt.

Originally Posted by brg
Great report with wonderful pictures.
Thanks
Thanks very much brg.

Originally Posted by TheTakeOffRush
I always think F reflects what an airline wants to be at its best. Lovely to see them succeed in making something worth desiring! Great TR [again!].
Totally agree. Thank you TheTakeOffRush.

Originally Posted by 1P
Away from FT for two weeks, and so am late to another excellent TR from SFO777. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into bringing these alive for all of us!
On a side note, "Le G" from Château Guiraud (your UA transatl flight) is very acceptable for a business class offering (but not for F of course). People tend to think that dry whites from Sauternes are inferior, but actually some of them are pretty good, like this one, which is also organic. Just visited the vineyard the other day to buy another case..... (I never take any notice of Robert Parker, BTW! Better to listen to the sommelier of one of the top London restaurants....)
Looking forward to the rest of your trip!
Thanks so much 1P, and for the persecutive on Le G. Should have tried it although I'm always wary about any wine offered on a UA flight.

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
Al Safwa is a large and seemingly empty space, but I actually like the lounge a lot. Even when 'busy' it never feels full. The catering could be better, but that is down to the silly no cooking rule in the airport.
The bar is very good and I'm advised by friends, because I have not needed to use them, that the sleeping rooms are very comfortable.
Thank you VH-RMD. Didn't realize that there was a no cooking rule. Despite that, the food was pretty darn good.