FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:55 pm
whimsey21

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Listening to this advice, I took one of the rooms facing the interior to get some quiet. They put me in a 2nd floor "deluxe" room. It's quite small. If Superior rooms are even smaller, it'd be hard to believe.

Worse than the size is the fact that I can hear the trains rumble through every few minutes from the gare next door. I may have to request a room change. Perhaps a courtyard higher up on the 4th floor will do the trick. I really hate moving rooms mid-stay. The noise at this property is really annoying.
I hope you were able to find a quieter room. I think on my stays, I was always on one of the top two floors,which probably helps with the train noise. For what it is worth, I noticed it most when I had the room looking onto the street, rather than the one looking out on the courtyard, which makes me think it must have to do with location within the property as well. The deluxe room I had on my last stay was smaller than the superior room I had on a previous stay, making me think that they're using some other factor to determine the room category...