FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:49 am
kaka
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Ah. finally gotten the 2 earlier claims. (1 was easy, 1 needed push and went thru in CEDR)

Now the final one (the 3rd event i had last year was "quite clearly" weather in London as I discussed with our c-w-s so is a non-claim - I only had 3 trips to europe last year and 1 was on *A!)...

We were booked on a 0850 LCY-EDI flight (it flew ok and arrived on time). We arrived LCY Terminal (ie, after car retruns and crap) fairly late at 0820 with bags. Us 3 OWSs arrived the BA queues and waited at the priority/club europe line, and 2 parties were in front of us.. and some 2-3 on the bag drop line. We told the "Line Dragon" of our flight and he indicated OK. After the 2 parties in front of us proceeded, the "Line Dragon" directed people on the bag drop line to the priority/club europe checkin desks. And when we eventually made to the desk it was a few minutes before 0830. say 0827.

Then at the desk, the agent first said we were too late (>20mins still!) and refused to check us in. We argued it wasnt 0830 yet she started talking with her neighbour colleague. for 1-2 minutes then started typing. another 1-2 minutes later she then told us the system had closed.

In "short", this was it. Would this constitute as "invol denied boarding"? (We dont have time-photo proof if it were required.)