FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Waiver: Gulf Coast Tropical Weather (25 Aug - 12 Sept, 2017) - Affects IAH
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:41 pm
whine_and_cheese

Husband and I were in first on SNA-IAH-EWR on the return leg of a trip that leaves tomorrow. One of the flights was cancelled (I'm guessing SNA-IAH) and we were downgraded and rerouted through DEN. I called a few hours ago and had it changed to a direct flight LAX-EWR. I haven't received any emails from United confirming any changes. I have boarding passes for tomorrow's flight, but I'm concerned the flight hasn't reticketed and we could have problems tomorrow when we show up at the airport.

I'm not a road warrior - just a frequent leisure traveler - and this is the first time I've been in this situation so I'm not sure when to push the panic button. Between the Labor Day holiday and Harvey, first seats are hard to come by and only middles are left in economy and I'm afraid if I wait we may be stuck with nothing at all.

Do you think I should call in and double check on it tonight? Or tomorrow morning? Or just wait until we get to EWR tomorrow afternoon?

Last edited by whine_and_cheese; Aug 30, 2017 at 7:48 pm Reason: Corrected an error on my part