FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:32 pm
alpinecow

Programs: AA Kryptonite
Originally Posted by The Situation
If you have had the cops called on you twice, me thinks you might want to change your tactics on how resolve issues. IME, being nice and talking to and empathizing with them, rather than arguing with people and hoping that the person on the other end can empathize with someone being confrontational will get you a lot better results a lot quicker. Perhaps its why when I was delayed a few weeks ago and would have missed my connection, I got a good seats (one of which was really good) on an alternative routing while everyone else was going to be stuck in SLC overnight.
Always someone eager to blame the victim

Congrats on your routing success. Thank you for advising me on how I should change my personality. Are you sure you're not one of my employees?

Any empathy I possess evaporates at the point at which a GA/check-in agent screws up the most basic aspects of his/her job and offers no redress, in one case costing me a Saturday with my family and in the other case costing me a couple thousand bucks in hotel, etc.

Those are inexcusable customer service failures.