FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:54 am
synergistic

Only tangentially related:

I once was stuck in MCO all day, and spent most of it in the Sky Club. I'm a smoker, though, and as the day wore on, I took several trips landside to have a cigarette. My tipsy brain didn't think much of it, but my repeated bookings and and cancellations of WN flights to get me back through security apparently alarmed the TSA agent who checked my ID multiple times, and he made me stand to the side while he called in a supervisor. I probably shouldn't have actually explained what I was doing, but I wasn't entirely on my game at that point ;-)

Fortunately, I wasn't drunk enough to make the situation even worse, and I was allowed to leave fairly quickly without the police being called in. I immediately went to the DL ticketing desk, explained the situation, and was given a gate pass to visit the club. I took perhaps a little too much glee returning to the same TSA agent for my ID checks from then on.

WN did punish me by failing to automatically refund a couple of those reservations, which took an asininely long phone call to resolve.