FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opcion Upgrade
Thread: Opcion Upgrade
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:40 am
PABLOCO

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by HAF
What do you think are the chances for an upgrade on the LAX-LIM-LAX route? Anyone had success? And what is recommended for a bid?

Many thanks

--HAF
Hard one.... i recomend to check your fly and date into Latam site about 1 week before. Check it this way, look for 7 tickets on business on the same date as you fly. See if your fly number has those 7 seats.... then compare to expertflyer. Do not only use EF since some seats are not confirmed until the end (ex. Award tickets from another airlines).

About the bid is all up to you. How much you are welling to pay for a business ticket. You can go for the min but someone can go for the max. If you ask me, i will go about %12 over the min (based on some bidding experience that i have in business in Chile). But again someone can just go for the max. RENEMBER THAT YOUR ARE BIDDING EACH WAY!!! dont go crazy an put 1200 usd, since with 2400 usd you can buy Business.

On you route i have flow about 16 times (or 8RT) before Opcion Upgrade. Of those flys i could say that only about 4 i have seen working seats that are empty (This is experience since 2013 to mid 2016) so if it were any way to bid for that upgrade, i think you will be flying Biz at that time. After mid 2016 when Opcion Upgrade was introduced, but also 12 hours upgrade confimation, so i dont look at the upgrade list at the end.. so i dont know who was upgraded besides me heheehhee. But i can tell you this, i have only fly 2RT on this route (since i am based on SCL now i can fly non stop to LAX). On those flys, 2 segments where only about 7 or 8 seats for upgrade, and a lot of Black FF, so i dont think the upgrade list when lower that the.first couple of Platinum. On other segmemt there was about 15 seats and the upgrade list about 14 hours before the fly show about 12 ff and the other all opcion upgrade. The last segment also about 15 seat free and the list was about 10 in total...i that fly i saw about 3 free seats onboard. So i just luck.... on some MAD SCL not even black signature are upgrade and in some i have seem over 12 seats empty on the fly