FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:05 am
kop84

Originally Posted by pvn
Well today I finally had one of those "old people who didn't pay for pre check but got it for free" incidents that people here harp on and on about as if it were the biggest crime against humanity, after all, we all know what an INJUSTICE it is if a DYKWIA has to wait an extra (according to complaints) five or even TEN minutes in the security line.

I noticed this lady taking her liquids out so I decided to see how much she actually held up the line. She started removing her shoes as well, this is when she actually started causing a delay.

Total delay time:

are you ready for this?

sit down, it's shocking.

twelve seconds.
That is twelve seconds that you're never going to get back, and if you multiply that by the dozens of times this could happen to someone in a given year, and you are talking up to FIVE MINUTES!!!! Do you know what some people here can accomplish if you give them an extra five minutes over the course of a year...up to FIVE, count them, FIVE extra servings of Uncle Ben's Minute Rice, an extra Five Minute Egg, they could watch the entire commercial on YouTube FIVE times without hitting skip...the HUMANITY!!!!