FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:49 pm
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by tv424
I've traveled numerous times to international countries in the past 3 years without any issues. I hate to think just because of lapse due to terrible circumstances that I'm going extra scruntinized.

I'll go ahead and appeal and see what happens.
Welcome to FT, a fount of information--some good and some painful.

Unfortunately, being in a Trusted Traveler program adds special responsibilities upon the participants. One has a duty to not make mistakes. Unfortunately, to err is human, and you have found out that there are strict sanctions on program violators. It is highly unlikely that an appeal will be successful.

If I were in your situation, I would appeal in an effort to show my contrition. I would hope that someone reading my letter 10 years down the line might grant me another try in the Trusted Traveler program. I would not hold out hope that it would be granted within a decade.

Just a bit of information on how I approach entry back into the USA. Before stepping on the plane, I write down every item of food that I possess. I place that information in two columns: Food Acquired Abroad and Food Re-importing back to the USA. When I get the "O", I give my list to the CPB, along with a verbal explanation. Do I need to do it? No. This format helps me think through the process before jet lag sets in, hopefully preventing the type of mistake that you unfortunately made.

Good luck in your appeal...

Last edited by 747FC; Aug 29, 2017 at 11:53 pm Reason: Add info