FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:12 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Hope you got cinn rolls/bagels/whatever DL serves as bread with their breakfasts.

To be honest, for a premium transcon, that kind of looks skimpy :\
Originally Posted by WWads
Airplane breakfast is always the worst of the three meals, but that looks absolutely sad, especially for D1. Maybe they catered domestic first meals by accident.
Originally Posted by sky303
Some clearly didn't read the menu posted. The first course is gravlox and a fruit plate (with yogurt)...and well established, this has been SOP on these TCON breakfasts for what seems like several years now. Now, if CMK10+1 wasn't served this course, that's one thing, but I would imagine he'd mention that.
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I don't think the addition/omission of gravlax was going to save this meal from being a disappointment when it comes to a D1 service; the food that was served looks unappealing. Have to agree with MrAndy1369, DL can bring out all of the shiny new Alessi service items they want, but AA's breakfast is far more substantial and filling even for short-haul. Then again, AA has a 738 on this route so pick your poison.
Originally Posted by sky303
Half of MrAndy1369's point was that there was no fruit bowl and too little. An entire course is not pictured, and bread as well.

AA puts a bunch of stuff on a single tray and it's "more substantial," because you see it all at once. Magical.

AA IME serves some seriously unappealing items at breakfast, and really, at all meal times. Breakfast is a weak time for airline food anyway.
My apologies to everyone, for whatever reason I didn't take a picture of the first course which was indeed a decent sized smoked salmon course and fruit bowl with yogurt dipping sauce. We also got bagels and croissants. Frankly, I thought the meal was pretty good especially for breakfast. The nut course was also a nice touch that neither AA nor UA would do.