FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:44 pm
ChrisFlyer66

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by tv424
I'm kicking myself for being negligent. Yesterday I flew into SFO and did not declare an apple that was in my backpack. Honestly, I completely forgot it was there. (If I knew it was there, I would had declared it. I'm not looking to create any trouble. My finacee who lives overseas just got diagnosed with a late-stage and rare cancer and I had been in and out of her hospital all week. My mind was thinking of her.) CBP revoked my GE on the spot and I had to pay a $500 fine. I'm pretty upset with myself for not being more focused.

1. Is there anything I can do, meaning, can I reverse the decision? I already paid the fine, I thought about appealing but was not sure how successful that would be.

2. What happens to me now as an international flyer? Am I marked as a high-risk flyer? Will I get thoroughly checked every time I enter into the US? The CBP told me that from now on I am not a low-risk flyer, and this distinction is for life.

Thanks in advance.
Based on the data points I've seen, you probably will get extra scrutiny when you enter the country for the next year or so. And you probably won't get GE back for a long time, if at all. That said, it can't hurt to appeal to the ombudsman and explain your situation. You'll get a decision in 6-8 months.